Permit Applications, Guidelines, and Additional Information can be found BELOW. For further information or to apply for permits, email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
PERMITS MUST BE DISPLAYED ON THE JOB SITE AT ALL TIMES AS WORK IS BEING COMMENCED.
INSPECTIONS SCHEDULE---Please Read Carefully/ Newly Updated 08/2022
Inspections are only completed on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS; please plan jobs and permit acquisitions accordingly.
All inspection requests must be scheduled with the permitting clerk the day prior in order to be placed on Tuesday or Thursday's schedule. All inspection requests received after 4 p.m. will be scheduled for the next available Tuesday/Thursday.
Upon completion of the inspection a green sticker will be left for an approved inspection and a red sticker will be left for an unapproved inspection with a list of the corrections needed.
Cancellations can be requested up until 2 hours prior to the inspection time by calling 979 548 3321. Once the inspection is made any re-inspection fees, if applicable, will be required to be paid before additional inspections can be requested.
DO I NEED A PERMIT - see information on a shortened scope of those jobs that require permits. Please contact the Permits Department for more information and specific requirements.
VENDORS- see information on a shortened scope of those selling merchandise or food related items within city limits and the requirements of state, county, and/or city permits. Please contact the Permits Department for more information and specific requirements. Temporary and Annual Mobile Food Unit Permit Applications can be found below.
NEWLY ADOPTED ORDINANCES:
Ord. 22-109; Utility Right of Way (ROW), Utility Companies and other users of the rights of way of the City of Sweeny must abide by this newly adopted ordinance. Adopted 07/25/2022
Applications & Instructions can be found below under applications.
Ord. 22-108; Civil Work, including Flatwork, Driveways, Parking Spaces/lots, Flatwork, Dirt Moving, Caliche, Asphalting, or Concrete; Adopted 06/21/2022
**No permit shall be required for work done by a resident on his residential property if the project is under 1000 square feet in size.
The City of Sweeny Does NOT endorse contractors. These listed have simply registered and submitted the required documentation to work in the City of Sweeny. Property owners are recommended to check references before selecting a contractor. Property owners should confirm their hired contractor has pulled a permit prior to work commencing.
Contractors information is what was provided to us upon registration. REGISTERED CONTRACTORS LIST
Notice to Contractors: You must haul off all building materials or contract a Roll Off Disposal Dumpster. Our trash company does not pick up building materials without a scheduled and paid pickup or roll off. Contractors Registration
- 2015 International Building Code
- International Residential Building Code 2015
- National Electrical Code 2014
- National Standard Plumbing Code 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code 2015
- National Fire Protection 2018
- International Fire Code 2018
- Annual Fire Inspections (apply at MyGov)
- Windstorm Requirement Category/Zone 3 at 140 MPH
FLOOD ELEVATION INFORMATION
The city does not shoot elevations. You must contact an independent surveyor. For more information regarding elevations, and FEMA, please use the below links. For more Drainage District information, please see below under DRAINAGE DISTRICT.
Flood Hazard Prevention Chapter 153; City Ordinance
FEMA Flood Map Service Center | Welcome!
FEMA's Estimated Base Flood Elevation (BFE) Viewer (usgs.gov)
Emergency Preparation | Texas Flood
Flood Hazard Mapping Updates (fema.gov)
Find Your Home's Flood Risk | Flood Factor
Please use the MyGov Portal to apply for any ANNUAL FIRE INSPECTIONS. More details are below under FIRE.
SWEENY MYGOV PORTAL
UTILITY Right of Way (ROW) Contractors
Contractors are required to register and submit the Utility ROW application with a letter request and plans for a pre-construction meeting prior to work being commenced in the Cities ROW.
Utility ROW Application Instructions
City permits are obtained through City Hall. City Hall is open Monday through Friday (8:30am-4:30pm).
Physical Address: 102 W. Ashley Wilson Road, Sweeny, Texas
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 248, Sweeny, Texas, 77480
Phone: (979) 548-3321
FAX: (979) 548-7745
For help and information regarding contractor registrations, permits, inspections, and/or zoning regulations/locations, please contact Kaydi Smith at (979) 548-3321 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by DATE in Ascending Order within category
Contractors Registration1 document
- Contractors Registration Application Registrations are a one time fee of $25.00. General Liability Insurance minimum $300,000.00, State License (if applicable), and Copy of Drivers License MUST accompany all applications. Please email or bring this form filled out to City Hall. Plumbers, Electricians, & Mechanical Contractor registration fees are waived per the State of Texas.
Permits & Applications25 documents
- Building Move Permit Application
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Culvert Permit Application
- Building Permit- ELECTRICAL Application
- Electrical Reconnect Permit Application
- Fence Permit
- Building Permit- MECHANICAL Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC)
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- Peddler and Solicitor Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application New Construction, Storage Buildings, Additions, Roofs, Pools, Porches, Etc.
- Residential Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Right-of-Way User Registration Form
- RV Park Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Small Cell Permit Application
- Tree Cutting/Removal Permit Application
- Commercial Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Temporary Mobile Food Unit 24 Hour Permit - **Must Include City Fire Marshal Inspection
- Permanent Food Unit Annual Registration Permanent Mobile Food Vendor Registration ** Must include Annual City Fire Marshal Inspection
- Residential Building Permit- DEMOLITION Residential Demolition Permit
- Civil Work Permit Application Driveways, Flatwork, Caliche, Dirt Work, Asphalt, Concrete
- Utility ROW Permit Application Utility Right of Way Permit Application and Information
- Utility ROW Instructions Information & Instructions for Utility ROW projected construction
Building Guidelines3 documents
Fire Information5 documents
- Fire Permit Application Must Accompany any Plans Submitted
- Fire Inspection Request Instructions Instructions for MyGov Requests including Annual, Daycare, School Inspections
- Fire Contractor Packet/ Information Information required for Plan Submittal
- Fire Marshal Plan Process Summary
- Food Vendor Annual Inspection Information ** Must register on MYGOV For Mobile and/or Temporary Food Vendors
Planning & Zoning5 documents
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Application Application for Zoning Change, Planning and Zoning Variances, Special Exceptions, and RePlats
- Zoning and Replat Guidelines Guidelines, Instructions, and Required Supporting Documentation when filing a Zoning Application
- Zoning Ordinance Amendment/Addition; Section 110-76 (16) R2 Permitted Uses in a C1 zone; approved 12/15/2020
- Re-platting Agenda Request Re-platting ONLY- Agenda Request * Must Accompany Re-plat Requests
Drainage District Information4 documents
- Drainage District County Map County Map Jurisdictions
- Drainage District Website Please see West Brazoria Drainage District 11; Section 1 under Director John Richers for more information
- Drainage District 11 Manual Drainage District 11 Criteria Manual- Updated 2019
- Contact Information Contacts and Submittal Information-- ** All Commercial New Builds MUST submit plans to WBDD#11;Section 1