SWEENY MYGOV PORTAL
PERMITS & APPLICATIONS
Permit Applications, Guidelines, and Additional Information can be found below.
For help and information regarding contractor registration, permits, applications, or other questions, please contact Kaydi Smith at (979) 548-3321 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- 2015 International Building Code
- International Residential Building Code 2015
- National Electrical Code 2014
- National Standard Plumbing Code 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code 2015
- National Fire Protection 2018
- International Fire Code 2018
- Annual Fire Inspections (apply at MyGov)
- Windstorm Requirement Category/Zone 3 at 140 MPH
PERMITS MUST BE DISPLAYED ON THE JOB SITE AT ALL TIMES AS WORK IS BEING COMMENCED.
City permits are obtained through City Hall. City Hall is open Monday through Friday (8:30am-4:30pm).
Physical Address: 102 W. Ashley Wilson Road, Sweeny, Texas
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 248, Sweeny, Texas, 77480
Phone: (979) 548-3321
FAX: (979) 548-7745
The City of Sweeny Does NOT endorse contractors. These listed have simply registered and submitted the required documentation to work in the City of Sweeny. Please check references before selecting a contractor. Please confirm they have pulled a permit for your location prior to work commencing.
Contractors information is what was provided to us upon registration.
REGISTERED CONTRACTORS LIST
Notice to Contractors: You must haul off all building materials or contract a Roll Off Disposal Dumpster with Waste Connections at 979 864 4600. Our trash company does not pick up building materials without a scheduled and paid pickup or roll off.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category
Contractors Registration1 document
- Contractors Registration Application General Liability Insurance minimum $300,000.00, State License (if applicable), and Copy of Drivers License MUST accompany
Permits & Applications22 documents
- Building Move Permit Application
- Building Permit- ELECTRICAL Application
- Building Permit- MECHANICAL Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC)
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Commercial Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Culvert Permit Application
- Electrical Reconnect Permit Application
- Fence Permit
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- Peddler and Solicitor Permit Application
- Permanent Food Unit Annual Registration Permanent Mobile Food Vendor Registration ** Must include Annual City Fire Marshal Inspection
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit- DEMOLITION Residential Demolition Permit
- Residential Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Right-of-Way User Registration Form
- RV Park Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Small Cell Permit Application
- Temporary Mobile Food Unit 24 Hour Permit - **Must Include City Fire Marshal Inspection
- Tree Cutting/Removal Permit Application
Building Guidelines3 documents
Fire Information5 documents
- Fire Contractor Packet/ Information Information required for Plan Submittal
- Fire Inspection Request Instructions Instructions for MyGov Requests including Annual, Daycare, School Inspections
- Fire Marshal Plan Process Summary
- Fire Permit Application Must Accompany any Plans Submitted
- Food Vendor Annual Inspection Information ** Must register on MYGOV For Mobile and/or Temporary Food Vendors
Planning & Zoning5 documents
- Re-platting Agenda Request Re-platting ONLY- Agenda Request * Must Accompany Re-plat Requests
- Zoning and Replat Guidelines Guidelines, Instructions, and Required Supporting Documentation when filing a Zoning Application
- Zoning Application Application for Zoning Change, Planning and Zoning Variances, Special Exceptions, and RePlats
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Ordinance Amendment/Addition; Section 110-76 (16) R2 Permitted Uses in a C1 zone; approved 12/15/2020